Drawing/Designing Your System on blank template
1. Mark your crawl space supports & walls or deck supports & walls.
- Mark Heating and AC units
2. Mark overhead pipes, AC ducts, water/sewer pipes, gas pipes and any others that cross the pillow location.
- Full pillow height must be 6 inched below any pipe obstruction.
3. Access to and around pillow - must be able to access all fittings when the pillow is full.
4. Filter access - from filter located outside to pillow fill port
- Will access be thru the crawl space vent or directly thru the foundation?
- The bottom of the filter must be placed above the height of the full pillow (it is a gravity fill system)
5. Filter overflow
- Will it be directed into an established drainage system or into the garden?
6. Pillow Overflow
- Will the overflow hose be directed out the crawl space vent, directly thru the foundation, into a crawl space drain system, or connected to a sump pump system?
- Gravity drains the water out of the overflow so the overflow pipe must be at or below the full pillow height
7. Electricity - standard pump is 7amps and 115 volts, 6 foot cord
- Locate available outlet
- Determine if extension cord is needed ( 12 guage)
- Add electrical outlet if necessary
8. Pillow Fitting Locations - Best if fill and Pump ports are located on opposite sides of pillow.
- Overflow drain must be located on center top of pillow
- Fill Port - 3” female thread
- Position on side of pillow in crawl space installation
- Position on top of pillow for under deck installation if possible
Pump Port - 2” female thread
- Position on side of pillow towards the bottom